Pages of my Notebook

Saturday 17 December 2011

Rose Wellingtons

If you read my description, you'll see that one of my interests is photography.
I went to the park today and took some photos- here they are:


Here are the rose wellies :-)


It took ages to get this one- the bird kept moving!














I think that this picture conveys survival in a way, because the bird appears to be searching for food amongst the leaves. The many leaves show how hard it is to find food in order to survive. I shows hope too, because the tail feathers are up high. I think that especially as the leaves are a bit frosty, which symbolizes Winter, (the season of hardship in survival), which I think makes this photo more effective.


I know, the leaf in the middle is blurred- but I like it that way
 













Often, people don't see what is right before them. I took this photo to express that. The leaf is blurred to show that you sometimes can't see the obvious. The ones behind signify less obvious things, but you can see them clearly.

There isn't really a focus in this picture- just the depth














This picture has depth clearly shown in it- the trees getting "smaller" in the distance creates this effect. This one also has the feeling of being hidden- at the bottom of the photo, there are some holly leaves, as if you are behind a bush.

One of my favourites-
Through the trees......















This photo creates a sense of mystery, hiding, almost secret agent rushing behind trees in a quest to go unnoticed. There is a bird that you can only just see in front, as if you can just about see what is going on. The aim was to create a mysterious photo that can be intepreted in many ways...
These were the best photos I took. I had a lot of fun taking them and I hope you enjoyed the photos!
Wait- I have made a decision. I'm going to start doing photo logs like this one. Not all the time. I'll still write things most of the time. But I like expressing my thoughts through photography.
Cari x

14 comments:

Anonymous said...

sooooo...
you said you like expressing your thoughts with photography! You didn't really explain what these pictures made you think of? All you did is write a caption to explain what it really is! In my opinion, you should add this in!
You are really good at photography, i thought these pictures almost look professional!
My favourite is the one with the leaves. I also like the way the leaf in the middle blurs!
xx
Please add the explanation in... it would make the blog even better than it already is!

Tiana said...

you are great at photography! Love the pic through the trees! :P Maybe you should have tried to express more of your feelings in this post because i would like to hear that as Anonymous quoted before me!

xx

Cari said...

I tried to take that into account, thanks for the advice!
Cari x

LouLou said...

Great phots!
I love the blurred leaf photo that symbolises that sometimes you can't see what's right in front of you.

Cute wellies too :-)

~Emzy ♥ Vera~ said...

Hey, great photos! Rose wellingtons rose background... any connection? lol ! have a great winter holiday! Emzy xxoxx

Cari said...

Nope, no connection. I was thinking about the roses and I suddenly really wanted a pink rose background...so here it is!
Cari xx

Lily x said...

I like how the rose background links in with your rose wellies but....

I think you should put a more festive or wintery background!!!

Fabrizia Spinelli said...

I like you post so much! And these photos are amazing!

Take a look and if you want we can follow each others: Cosa mi metto???

Cari said...

Sure! I love your blog! I've just followed!
Cari x

Anonymous said...

BRAVA!!!
BELLE FOTO!!!

Anonymous said...

Love your blog!

Cari said...

Fabrizia...
Follow back?
Cari x

Catherine. said...

very pretty pictures.

bisou from vienna
catherine

http://frlcatherine.com/2012/02/12/mirrors-image/

Emma Walker said...

Hi Cari, it's Emma Walker here from the other class.
I love your photos. I'm a little bit of an aspirational photographer myself, and I would love to share my pictures with you. I personally found this post really great. I know a lot of followers asked you to express your feelings towards your photos more, but I would honestly prefer to interpret the picture my own way like a blank canvas, without being told to see the photo in one way or another. After all, a picture says a thousand words.
Looking at the pictures philosophically, I think I like the "Through the trees" one. It's almost saying, "behind every closed door is an open one". I find that beautiful. With a conceptual view, I like the rose wellington photograph. It's like seeing roses amongst the dead leaves, and it's amazing how much treasure you can find if you look closely enough. Finally, from a photographic point of view, I like the holly one. So many people would bring the front leaf into focus and blur the background, but you didn't. I took a similiar photo, with purple flowers where the front flower is blurred and many friends have said, that photo's not so great, it's all blurred. But you can get something amazing if you see it in a different way. I really enjoyed reading your blog, thank you for sharing your thoughts with us.