Pages of my Notebook

Friday 23 December 2011

You say obsession like it's a bad thing...

There is a quote that says this but I am currently unable to post photographs on my blog.

But anyhow, let me give you an example:
A couple of years ago, I became obsessed with a skipping show on TV.  It left me with skipping-itus, and I would skip whenever I got the chance. I was extremely disappointed to find that the only skipping rope I possessed was too long. So I begged for a new one and made skipping ropes out of belts tied together. But a few weeks later, the obsession faded. Not completely. I still skip now, not constantly, though. And I have been left with a number of tricks that I still try to attempt when I have the rope out.
That is probably quite a good obsession- skipping is healthy, and it didn't get into the way of anything, I just did it in my spare time. There are many other obsessions like that. 
I consider myself quite well rounded, so I like to concentrate on more than one thing, but I am very open (the personality trait) so I do enjoy change.
Obsession can take over people's lives if they get out of hand, which is what I am trying to steer away from in this post. I'll admit that there are unhealthy and just blatantly bad habits and obsessions that people have, which explains why people often view obsession as a bad thing.
But that is a stereotype because there are ones that don't take up all of your time and are healthy. 
So here's my view: Obsessions allow people to do what they are passionate about (for a while, anyway). There are bad obsessions but there are many good ones too, which give people something to do, and more importantly, something to enjoy.
I understand that obsession can be very bad and "evolve into worse things" as Tiana said but I have a positive view on obsessions which is different to a lot of people's opinions so I wanted to share my views. 
Cari xxx

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not trying to be rude as I love your blog.. but this is a bit vague... just trying to help but your blog still is amazing.

Anonymous said...

I think that was perhaps a joking quote and I think that obsession is very very bad.. but I suppose that's your aim to make your blogs different. Obsession can evolve into extremely bad things that I wont name but.. still you have a great blog.

Cari said...

Thanks for the opinion!
I'll try and build on it. I wanted to have more a positive view on it.
Cari x

Anonymous said...

Thanks!
Tiana x

zoefina67 said...

Hey cari I no this has nothing to do widd your blog but I love your blog and I am a bit new to this site well had I a wile but only resonly started actually using it and was wondering weather u have any tipes and how do u get so many people to read you blog

Lc zoefina97

Blog-mynotsoperfectlife.blogspot.Com

Thanks all help approtiated

Cari said...

I have some tips!-
Write your views on things you are passionate-people will realise this from your writing and will be drawn to it.
Write about everyday experiences that you have gained from. Most people enjoy reading them (I do!)
This sounds strange but ENJOY writing them! Don't blog for the sake of blogging, don't blog because you haven't written for a while. Write when you find something interesting to talk about.
About getting readers- if you follow the tips, people are likely to find your writings interesting, and so you will gain readers naturally. Also- I got a comment which was automatically put into spam about finding my blog via yahoo and saying I don't have many readers so I should use this site- I clicked on the link, and it was a VERY dodgy website. If you get comments like that, it isn't worth it.
Don't worry about readers and followers too much- it is better to have just a few people following you who share your interests and enjoy reading your writing than many people who don't.
Hope I helped!
Cari xx

zoefina67 said...

Thank ye that given me a lot to think about I soloed some times I use it more like a diary then a blog

zoefina67 said...

Hey did you get my message about my new blog at zoenotebook.blogspot.com sorry about the name couldn't think of anything ELS shows how much I like your blog mind you hope you do not mind Zoe xx

Rachel Coombs said...

I agree totally with this!! very interesting and very true (: