Pages of my Notebook

Saturday 10 December 2011

So much more behind it...

Before I start, thank you to everyone who commented on my Intellectual Property blog, becuase you all had really positive things to say about it. I value everyone's opinion.

Now down to the post.
The name and idea has been inspired by quite a few things. First of all, I did a sushi-making course today and loved it (read on, this is relevant). And at first I thought, the sushi is delicious. And then, I thought, Is it really all about the sushi? Isn't it also learning about Japanese culture? There was so much more to it than just enjoying the (very enjoyable) sushi.
The second thing was a conversation that I happened to overhear on the Tube. Two women were presumably talking about someone they knew doing a public poetry reading but they hated saying things in public. They were doing it to overcome this. And they said something like: "He speaks really fast, but especially when you're reading poetry, you have to kind of read slow because you need time to think about what's behind the line, if you know what I mean."
That's hit the nail right on the head. Exactly what I wanted to express.


It's strange to consider this- when you appear happy, everyone thinks that you have everything going for you and your life is perfect. Ashamedly, I have thought that. But now it falls into place, because there is so much  more to being happy than it seems. I have never really thought of it that way, but it's true. Looking back on happy times as I often do, I realize that the setting had a slight imperfection that I didn't notice, and maybe I had a stomach ache that I didn't notice at the time- Why? I had decided to look past that. I was too busy being happy.


No-one knows everything, as everyone knows. But people think that they are superior by knowing more facts than others. People are not being wise by saying they know a lot, because no-one knows a lot compared to all the facts there are to find out. Yes, some know more than others, but the wisest people are the ones who realize they don't know everything and accept that. And the people who can come up with quotes like these.


Well, I never thought of it like this but, looking ahead is more important. Of course, reflecting to learn from your mistakes is a good idea, but you can only wait for tommorrow, you can't go back to yesterday. This quote speaks for itself. But I do love this saying.

The next one a lot of people are familiar with, but I want to explain it anyway.




















This saying conveys this: make the best of a bad situation (or should I say, seemingly bad). It's a quote that keeps you looking on the bright side- Why? Lemonade is a well-liked drink. Lemons are sour and to most people taste horrible on their own, add some sugar and some positive views, and you have lemonade. And the people who do this enjoy the "lemonade" too.

Thank you for joining me through this thought-provoking journey (at least for me), and I hope you liked my intepretations of these quotes.

Cari x

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

the eye one looks like jessie j :P heehee

Cari said...

I know right! Lol xxx Cari

Mina said...

good blog, where do you find all these pictures?

Mina said...

also who's Jessie j is she a friend?

Cari said...

I found them on Google images. By the way Jessie J is a singer
Cari x

Naomi Tastic said...

NO WAY YOU DONT KNOW WHO JESSIE J IS a singer amazing here listen on UTube sorry on the blog tastic but I didnt reeally get some stuff but thats my own fault sorry dont reply because that would be 'awkwaaarrddd' obvsy-doo xxxxxxntxxxxxx

Lilly Rocket said...

or do this:

http://www.headandheels.com/2011/07/magnificent-monday-16.html

xx mika