Pages of my Notebook

Monday 5 September 2011

1, 2, 3...The Lowdown on Lists

Shopping lists, To-Do lists, Places To Go lists- Lists. Lists, Lists, Lists. What can I say? Some are helpful, some are out to ruin your life: Let me check my To-Do list...I must go and get that blowdry at the salon for Lianne's wedding, but first I must pick up the laundry from the drycleaners. And when will I get round to buying Lia's new pencil case, her old one is falling to peices...

Lists can be extremely useful- Admit it, you would have forgotten the butter last time you went to Waitrose if you list wans't clipped neatly onto the trolley. Or you would have gotten margarine instead. But like the example above, they can take over your life. Here is a typical To-Do list- the deadliest kind of list (this is based on a Londoner with a few children of varied age).

1. Do the groceries- a whole new list for that.
2. Buy a new computer- preferably a Macbook. Very Useful!
3. Top-up my phone.
4. Renew Alicia's O2 contract.
5. Buy Emma's new duvet.
6. Oragnise Ben's party.
7. Buy Ben a Birthday present (and sort out what it will be).
 
See how worrying about what you have to do is not going to be beneficial (to say the least)?
But I am feeling a bit hypocritical- I did do a "5 Things That Annoy Me Most" which was technically a list. Those lists do not keep you up at night worrying, though. Unless...You write that a fellow collegue Annoys you most? Maybe not even then. Try to keep positive with lists- thay are a big part of many people's lifestyle. As this is a lifestyle blog, I decided to mention it. To-Do Lists could ruin your life/lifesyle.
Cari.

No comments: