Pages of my Notebook

Thursday 15 September 2011

We Are Outstanding?

I have just read a news article that caused me to write this post. It shocked me so I wanted to express my opinion on it.

The article was about the fact that 53% of secondary schools inspected by Ofsted that achieve an 'Outstanding' rating do not achieve an 'Outstanding' rating for the quality of teaching. The schools are judged based on various aspects of the school and are given a rating of 'Outstanding', 'Good', 'Satisfactory' or 'Inadequate' for  each category. Primary schools are less likely to get an 'Outstanding' ranking if they have not got an 'Outstanding' rating for the standard of teaching.

In my opinion, a school should not achieve a rating of 'Outstanding' if the teaching isn't- my thoughts on what should be the main priorities of a school are as follows:
1. To make sure the children are getting a good education.
2. To make sure the children are happy and comfortable around their teachers and peers.
3. To make sure the children grow to be polite, friendly, and able to communicate.

Thank you for reading my views, as this is a topic close to my heart.

BBC News- Michael Gove queries schools' Ofsted ratings

Cari

No comments: