Pages of my Notebook

Sunday 6 November 2011

Oh, forget it.

After lunch today I really wanted this blackberry and apple pie or whatever it was made of.
But then my mum and my younger brother started cooking apple crumble. And I thought, "No way, I am not having two desserts" as I have already had a (probiotic, taste-the-goodness, fat-free) froen yoghurt.

It's a little like last night when I tried to untangle a necklace (and admittedly failed), went to bed, and forgot about it. And until now, "oh, forget it" is all i've thought since.
So I guess I won't be having an apple and blackberry pie.

This seemingly small, pointless (almost. I love apple and blackberry pie) and silly scenario pops up every day, and it is, whether we notice it or not, something we spend ages (in total) on, only to think "I can't do this, forget it."

Which leads onto my next point. I bought some fortune cookies yesterday. Since then i've been devouring both the fortune and the cookie. One fortune said "if you give in, you give up." Which admittedly is slightly side-tracking from the point, but I gave up on the necklaces. I shall try again this evening. Then again, I don't mind about the apple crumble, but I didn't start saying "I WANT THE APPLE AND BLACKBERRY PIE!" (fortunately). I guess I just went with it.

Cari.

BS (blog script): I rarely do links anymore. Promise i'll have one soon. Can smell apple crumble cooking!

No comments: