Pages of my Notebook

Friday 11 November 2011

There are so many paths in life...

I could use a map.

Oh, and, er, which one do I take?

I know that sounds strange, but it's true, everyone would benefit from a map telling you exactly what to do.
There is a map, but it is split into peices. All the people who care about you and guide you have a peice. some peices are bigger than others. They all give you their peices (sometimes slowly, sometimes quickly), until you have the whole map. Sometimes, without realizing, you have a peice as well. Or a few.

A strange metaphor, but I believe that it's true.
Or think of it this way......
When you are born, you enter a large, confusing forest. Your aim is to get out of the forest. Along your life, you encounter many different routes. Sometimes, you just have to guess which one to take, sometimes you make logical guesses. Sometimes you ignore logic, and that can either get you into a good or bad situation. You also find many other people along the way. They can either help you or put you off your path. The people who get out live the rest of their lives happily and with a sense of acheivement. Those who are overwhelmed by this maze of a forest, and believe they will never get out, die in the forest, never having sensed acheivement before- they never know when they are on the right path. Those who have confidence they will get out do, unless they boast this and take advantage of their confidence.

This map/forest idea bounced into my head and has relentlessly taken up my thoughts, so I  decided to blog about it- not just that, but I like the idea anyway.

Hope you liked my post!- Cari.

1 comment:

~Emzy ♥ Vera~ said...
This comment has been removed by the author.